Today marks a big day for Bite Buff...this little 'ole blog is turning FOUR today.
Cleveland Independents gift card (valid at any member restaurant). Enjoy a night out, on me! What an amazing ride these four years have been, and I'm looking forward to many more.
I was just having a discussion last night about how there seems to be a lot of exciting news in the Cleveland culinary world right now, so I thought that I would share some with you.
- Two of my favorite CLE chefs are partnering up to open a new restaurant, Cork & Cleaver Social Kitchen in Broadview Heights. Brian Okin (formally of Verve, Fountain, and Luxe) and Adam Bostwick (formally of Melange and Hodge's) are both very talented, and I can't wait to see what they stir up at this new spot together. They plan to open in April.
- Dinner in the Dark will head to Cork & Cleaver on Monday, April 15th. These events are always fantastic, and worth every penny. Diners are left "in the dark" about what six chefs will be in the kitchen, and what the six-course menu will include...but you're always in for a treat, and all proceeds benefit a different local charity each month. Consider attending next month's event, and you'll also get to check out Cork & Cleaver!
- A new culinary tour is hitting the streets of Cleveland, starting this month--- Dishcrawl. Each event will highlight a different neighborhood, and attendees will enjoy four tastings at four different restaurants for just $45. The first event is on April 2nd, and the group will be touring the Detroit Shoreway. Tickets are still available.
- The Food Network is hosting an online Casting Call for the Akron area for a new show called "Food Court Wars". Two teams will be selected to battle head-to-head for a chance to win restaurant space FREE for a year in an Ohio mall. The show is hosted by Tyler Florence, and you can apply online by March 27th.
- I'm a big fan of Delivermefood.com when we don't feel like cooking or going out for dinner. The service allows you to place an online order, they'll go and pick it up from some of our favorite local restaurants, and then ta-da--- it arrives at your house with ease. Well, a new online service has popped up--- BringMeThat.com. Right now, a quick search on their website resulted in 14 restaurant options (most of them being pizza) near my address, but I bet that this site will take off. Check them out.
- Another new restaurant is set to open very shortly--- Toast wine bar in the Gordon Square Arts District. They had a very successful pop-up preview at Flying Fig earlier this month. So keep your eyes peeled on their 1365 West 65th Street location.
- Lastly, Chef Chris Hodgson from Hodge's in downtown Cleveland, and food truck fame, is competing for fan votes in Food & Wine Magazine's "The People's Best New Chef" online poll. So head on over to the site, and show some CLE pride. Personally, I think any national recognition for our culinary scene in this city is a great thing. Good luck, Chef!
Good things are happening in Cleveland, as usual. This city continues to re-energize my passion for it, and for sharing my experiences and news through this blog. So, thanks for reading. Cheers to another four!
Disclosure: I will be personally purchasing the giveaway gift card. I was asked to promote the Dishcrawl, Food Court Wars casting, and BringMeThat service. The rest, I just wanted to share.