While I am more focused on the fact that my 30th birthday is a mere four days away, I can't ignore that Valentine's Day follows shortly after. The inter webs are a flutter with special event postings, enticing menus of aphrodisiacs, hearts, cupids, and more. So, I thought that I would share a few ways that you can "celebrate" this holiday...
- Order gourmet, long-stem, chocolate-covered strawberries from A Cookie and A Cupcake in Tremont for just $24. Place your pre-order today at email@example.com or by calling 216-344-9433.
- Starting Tuesday, it's "Valentine's Week" at Nighttown. Head over to Cleveland Heights for some great jazz music with your special someone. Visit their website for a full listing of the performers.
- Head over to Whole Foods in University Heights to pick up lobster tails on special for only $8.99, and make a romantic meal at home.
- Spend Valentine's Day "under the sea" at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. For $90 for a non-pass holder ($80 if you are a member), guests will enjoy passed appetizers, a three-course meal, and a glass of champagne as you dine among the fishes.
- Saturday, February 9th, Bazaar Bizarre returns for one day to the 78th Street Studios for a craft fair of local, hand-made goods for your sweetie. 10AM-8PM.
- Dine at SASA in Shaker Square and enjoy one of their new cocktails- Cupid's Fiery Death. This sounds like a good one for single ladies to enjoy with their closest friends!
- Dinner for two at Fahrenheit in Tremont. Couples have three package options for dinner on February 14th, 15th, and 16th.
- Enjoy a special three-course prix fixe menu at Tartine Bistro in Rocky River. This is one of my favorite "romantic" spots. You must call for reservations.
- Purchase tickets to the upcoming Moet Hennesy Wine Dinner at Pier W on February 26th. Four courses, with beverage pairings, as you enjoy one of the best views in Cleveland. It certainly makes for a romantic evening out!
Do you "celebrate" Valentine's Day with your significant other or group of friends? "R" and I tend to keep it low-key. Last year, we made a romantic meal at home with some of our favorite foods. This year, we're dining out with friends and then heading to L'Albatros for a delicious dessert of cheese.
However you decide to spend the day, enjoy it-- and take the time to tell the people that you love in your life just how much they mean to you.